We did it! We reached the “Quest for Jackie Chan!” target of $2,000!

I would like to thank you all so very much for believing in the project and taking the time out and donating to the “quest”. Every dollar counts and every contributor will forever remain the group of people that made my “Quest for Jackie Chan!” FUNDBREAK a reality.

I just like to acknowledge and throw special thanks and bagfuls of good karma to:
Elizabeth Vu (the sister who thinks her $1 is a lucky one)
Tseen Khoo (from Melbourne and is a uber cool Azn-Oz blogger)
Rick Chen (1 of the founders of Fundbreak)
Alan Crabbe (I think he's on Fundbreak too)
Warren Coulton (Funny man from Canberra who owns a Stunt studio)
Ilaria Vanni (Deputy Director of the Transforming Cultures Research Centre)
Indigo Willing (doctoral student at the University of Queensland)
Bang Tam (Professional photographer)
Robt Clements (An artist and a philanthropist)
Ben Teoh (Coordinator for Adelaide Flashmobbers)
Anna Lee Nguyen (Artist, Coulture Card and badge designer)
Tony Ong (Facebook friend)
Roxie Vuong (Filmmaker and multimedia artist)
Steve Lee Nguyen (Canberrian supporter and friend)
Emily Mellon (Foundation for Young Australians)
Simon Cook (My first Quest for Jackie Chan twitter pal!)
Ali Kadhim (Parkour artist and trainer 9 Lives)
Anney Trinh (Long lost friend that I've been trying to track down for years)
Maria Vamvouklis (Slick Parkour girl)
Shaun Chang (optometrist and good friend)
Sumie Tyler (Quest for Jackie Chan fan, my first US supporter!)
Laurent Boiteux (keen actor and colleague)
Gary Phuong (known through Vietlish initiatives)
Gary Paramanathan (ICE colleague)
Rachelle Mercado (Canberrian supporter and friend)
Johnny Le (Multimedia extraordinaire)
Marie Setiawan (the girl that got me the extra 1%, great screen writer!)

Also kudos to Ms Anney Trinh as being the highest contributor for the “Quest for Jackie Chan!”. Her contribution makes her the project’s Associate Producer!


All the funds raised has helped me subsidised costs of equipment (audio, tripod, lighting, backpack, steady grip, tapes etc...) as well as the cost of running FREE workshops for the different communities across Australia. In a nutshell, without your support, it would have been majorly hard to get this project on the road.

In the meantime, I’ve got one more sleep to go till I fly to Brisbane for 3 days to uncover as many linkages in that major city.

I’ll be interviewing a master, stunt people, organisations, Jackie Chan “First Strike” Sets as well a running a FREE workshop “Ideas to Realities” to share my experience, journey and knowledge on running a transmedia project.

Please keep in contact! My email is maria.tran@questforjackiechan.com and 0433803449 if you have any ideas or comments to contribute.

Also, as a FUNDBREAKER, I would like to invite you to join the “SMS Quest for Jackie Chan list”, which I will be updating you throughout my 19 day journey.

Another note, I do deeply apologise for not doing the mail outs yet. :( I know its slack of me and even today I tried to put out some time but I don't think it will happen till I get back. Don't worry, I've locked in 1 day on the 20th September to do it! :)

Below are some of the graphics work I did for some of the major contributors.












No comments:

Post a Comment