BLOG BY INDIGO WILLING: More Chan-tastic News

I just wanted to turn your attention to Indigo Willing and her blog and support of "Quest for Jackie Chan!". You can also find her "Quest for Jackie Chan!" profile here

Wednesday, August 11, 2010
More Chan-tastic News

Last month I posted 'Jackie Chan made me do it' as just a fun way to support a cool young Vietnamese Australian filmmaker, Maria Tran, who is looking for Chan fans to send messages to him as part of her Quest for Jackie Fan project. For another part of this project she also wants to tour Australia doing filming and has just sent out a call for support using Fundbreak.


I've used Fundbreak to support several emerging Asian Australian and other artists doing some really fresh, interesting and sometimes really funny stuff that just makes you smile and is well worth supporting . It's very easy to use and you can donate as little or as much as you can afford. This is great if you're a cash poor student like myself who is currently juggling three casual jobs as well.

I look forward to the day I have some more cash flow to direct towards the many dynamic individuals and groups who want to make a difference in this world. This includes those working in the arts who I really feel will strengthen everyone's ability to see more diversity on screen and therefore, more opportunities to explore, appreciate and understand the world we live in and people we share it with.

And sometimes, we just need a laugh and to enjoy some good energy. I think that's what I like best about Chan and I'm glad Tran is trying to get him here to Australia. Hope you can support the Quest for Jackie Chan Australian Tour*.

*I note that someone who has is Tseen Khoo, an amazing force for Asian Australian representation and networking and blogger of The Banana Lounge (see the rather groovy little graphic titled 'Super Star' in QFJC blog).

Posted by Indigo Willing at 1:30 AM Source can be found here.

Indigo Willing
PhD student, Sociology. Involved w. various research/film/writing projects for diaspora, cultural & transnational adoption communities. Personal homepage is: http://www.beingandbecoming.info

No comments:

Post a Comment