13 days to go...Please support "Quest for Jackie Chan!" through Fundbreak.com.au

Arrgh! With only 13 days left I am slightly going into an alarm mode. So what have I've been up to the last few days? I've been taking Hong Kong action film director Antony Szeto around town to meet up with some of the potential partnerships for a number of feature films he and Ace Studios are thinking of making.

I have to admit, my league of support of funding seems like a speck of dust when these head honchos discuss logistics and how much Jet Li and Daniel Wu would cost.

"Jet Li is out of our price range, he's 10 mil US to hire" annoymous says.

"Hmmm...that's our total budget for our next logo budget film [did I mention 10 Mil?] ...Who else is affordable?" says another.

O_o was my reaction. Australian filmmakers would pride themselves if they got to see 2.5 million after major warefare with the major funding bodies, private investments etc... that could take years (5-10 years) while the outside world is playing with massive amounts of money? So wouldn't it be a bit smarter if Australian filmmakers start to venture abroad and think about their international audiences, that way, they can too, play with big budgets!

Antony has been a great mentor, always throwing all those hard questions about what I want to do in my life. My focus is to guerrilla my way as an "action film girl actress" but so far he thinks I've got the tick of approval as an emerging producer.

But still, being stubborn as I am, I will find more ways to develop myself as a undertrained actor and use the filmmaker road to leverage this.

Ok. Back to the "Quest". To date, I've got $410 raised so far! Kudos to Ilaria Vanni, Warren Coulton, Rick Chen, Dr Tseen Khoo, Alan Crabbe, Elizabeth Vu, Robert Clements, Bang Tam, Ben Teoh, Tony Ong, Anna Lee Nguyen, Quan Tran, Roxie Vuong & Indigo Willing. These people have been on my signiture emails for the last week and I do take pride on having their support.

But still more work is needed to be done and I do hope that more people who can take "action" and lend a helping hand on my project but donating as little as $1! Just imagine if 2000 people did their bit and donated $1, then my crowdfunding would be a success! There's only 38 days to go and if I don't make it to this amount...well the funding goes back to the initial supporters.

http://www.fundbreak.com.au/beta/index.php/archive/index/50/description/0/0

No comments:

Post a Comment