Quest for Jackie Chan! Australia Tour - Support now on Fundbreak!

I've finally got a Fundbreak account to "crowd-fund" my "Quest for Jackie Chan!" project online. With only 22 days or less to go, there's an aspect of me choking on uncertainty on how on earth I'm going to pull this crazy baby project of mine. I know one thing, and that is, either way, whether I rob Commonwealth bank or their competition - Westpac, I will still have to commit to what I've aimed to do in the first place.

But anyhow, fundbreak seems like a very good idea to spread the word about this project and to rally up some communal support. So far, its been like 2 days into it and I must say, I am very excited to have made 6% of the funds!

I recall launching the project on the website and waited patiently for the first $1 to trickle in. I would alternate between emails, internet surfing and horescope readings and back to the account in the anticipation for that "first" dollar. 7 hours passed by - nothing, 10 hours - nothing, 24 hours...still nothing.

My spirits started to dwindle. The past year has been highlighted by 30 major corporate knock backs and 2 major network grant application failures, hence, my last attempt may be coming to a stand still. Maybe the idea of "Quest for Jackie Chan!" was just too novel or silly?

But then it happened.

$20! From my weird little sister!

"Err...I'm not supporting you Maria. I'm just buying $20 worth of karma", she says.

Woah...my first 20 bucks....that is 1% funded on the project! And I can tell you, it may not be much but its means a lot to me, even better! From my little sister who thinks she's smarter than me. Thanks sis!

Meanwhile, Dr Tseen Khoo from Monash University who has done some extensive work in the field of Asian-Australian identities has been my second supporter of the "Quest for Jackie Chan!".

I was so excited that I had to make this in dedication to her.

1 comment:

  1. Maria - I LOVE the pic! Sending incredibly positive and enriching vibes to you on this fab quest of yours. I've sent out emails to heaps of people, tweeted + Facebooked it all. Let's hope people get off their proverbials and show you some serious faith.

    ReplyDelete