Fundbreak 50% Half-way Mark!

Hi there everyone!

Yes...I didn't think it was possible but it's finally reached the mark of $1,000, which is indeed, the 50% mark and I have 37 more days till the Fundbreak scheme is over.
I just wanted to do another shout out to the list of supporters

Special thanks to the current QUEST FOR JACKIE CHAN! FUNDBREAK SUPPORTERS: Thank you to Ilaria Vanni, Warren Coulton, Rick Chen, Dr Tseen Khoo, Alan Crabbe, Elizabeth Vu, Robert Clements, Bang Tam, Ben Teoh, Tony Ong, Anna Lee Nguyen, Quan Tran, Roxie Vuong, Indigo Willing, Ali Kadhim, Simon Cook, Anney Trinh, Emily Mellon & Steve Lee Nguyen.

These people made a difference that contributed to the goal of "half-way" Yay!

Just an update, there's 11 days to go and I'll be off to Brisbane first. I'm currently at home, booking in interviews, running workshops and updating the websites and social networking tools.

I'll probably be heading out today or tomorrow to purchase some sound, lens, lighting, cable equipment that will go with the HD Canon camera that I will be using on my journey (blimey costly equipment Grrr!). At first I wanted to forgo these expenses and really make the project "guerrilla" but Antony Szeto and after several consultations, people suggested that it is a no-no to blur guerrilla as being "cheap quality" so I must invest to make this film project, at least, watchable.

Then I'll be booking in the car hire as well all around Australia and that is cropping up to being a major expense, moreso than the flights!

Mum's been having a go at me today. She's getting worried and think her daughter is going mad with the project.

"Why no job?" she keeps asking.

"I have to work on this project, Ma" I reply.

"But no money? 2 months no job!"

"Etc...etc...etc..."

You get my drift. Why on earth would someone revert to unemployment to do the a bizzare project like this right?

And yes..mum would even add that it is really "Bad-Asian/Un-Asian" to do so and Jackie Chan would think I'm crazy and take out some AVO or kick my ass before I could ever say Quest for Jack....Owww!"

Imagine that, Jackie Chan kicking my ass....well, at least it will mean that I've made it.

Okies...so don't forget...I'm selling bagfuls of "karma" for as little as $1! Click here. And for you "Asian-Australians" who wanna do crazy projects....you can! Just get out there, quit that engineering, accountant, doctor, lawyer, solicitor job, and lose some money in working towards your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment