Quest for Jackie Chan - "The Karate Kid" Australian Reviewer - Laurent Boiteux

"If you're looking for some funny but ass-kicking martial arts action this year,this movie is for you!

Jaden Smith, the up and coming rising star, has that amazing focus for someone of his age. Not only can he continue to act his truth, he also has the discipline to work hard in his training in Kung Fu. And it shows! The son of the legendary Will Smith still has a lot more to give, no doubt.

Now we see Jackie Chan in a different light here. The Shinjuku Incident was the first film I saw where acting took the lead and not his martial arts. The latest Karate Kid had him at it again! The man can really act and project his emotions, taking him to the next level. I say, bravo Jackie, you touched my heart. I won't forget that scene where you bashed up that car and then showed us all what was really going on within your character.

I nearly drew tears... okay I admit, you had me crying a little. I was trying to hide it out of instinct, but I just can't deny a powerful performance.

The movie overall was, to me, simple and awesome. Everything had a good balance for what it was. The only thing I would of preferred, would be the actual title. I would of named it Kung Fu Kid."
- Laurent Boiteux

No comments:

Post a Comment