Day 11 - Quest for Jackie Chan in Adelaide

We wrapped up with a quick photoshoot and then myself Ben Teoh, Ben and Tommy headed out to grab a bit of grub before hitting our Quest for Jackie Chan! Adelaide Flashmobbing event at Hindmarsh Park.

The turnout was great. Approximately 30 eager enthusiast rocked up in their jeans and black top and Ben began distributing the Jackie Chan mask that was then incorporated in a series of flash mob exercises later.

I ran a couple of energisers to get everyone into the mood of fun, spontaneity and randomness and pretty soon everyone got the drift of the fun vibe that they had to harness to enjoy the event.

We then hit the streets around Rundall Mall and prepared for our a series of missions. They included running sneaking up on Chibo coffee buyers and orchestrating a Jackie Chan chant that broke out in a series of shouts, cheers and claps before dispersing back into the crowd. There was also “ghosting” which is following awkwardly close to passerbys. My favourite is when we interrupted tourists and photo takers by jumping into their photos causing confusion, fun and plenty of laughs.

Of course, we had the typical jeers from some onlookers who slip in comments that it was “weird” but I guess subconsciously one could wonder how much fun it is to be uninhibited and celebrate life with the power of spontaneity and fun.




The day started with an early 8am out of the house, heading to CANSA to run my workshop “Ideas to Realities” Workshop. The morning was slightly cloudy and cold but I had a good turn out of 8 eager beavers who made the commitment to having their lives enriched with new mind tools.

Somehow, I think 3 hours isn’t enough when it comes to the format of a workshop. Its went way too quick and people had a lot of off load and discuss as well. I just love the amount of storytelling each person presented as well as the host of interesting ideas and projects that they were developing along the way.

I would like to send a major shout out to the Adelaide Flashmobbers who are so bold, innovative and daring in their approach and wish them all the best in continuing to inspire the world, connect with the next generation and engage with the world with more fun and excitement.

I drove around Adelaide for a bit before parking out a Christian Church and passing out due to exhaustion in the car. I was awoken an hour later by a young Christian and the next thing you know I was rocking it at one of their services. I just can’t help it, their song was so catchy and I couldn’t tell if it was something from video hit’s chart top 40.

Now, here’s the juicy bit. My newfound churchy friends then took their enthusiasm to the clubs and boy....did they know how to move! Instead of the conservative sways that I so envisioned appropriate in my head, these guys were pumping, krumping and wriggling in places that you don’t want to know. Lol!

I got home at 3am.

No comments:

Post a Comment