Day 2 - Quest for Jackie Chan in Brisbane

Day 2 started with a 9.45am meeting at Fortitude Valley where Brisbane's Chinatown lives. Here, a work colleague at Chinahouse Resturant tells the story of Jackie Chan's fondness for the resturant and his Australian bum chum Dave Chen.

I got a chance to really have a look at the carpark and also the surroundings of where the set of "First Strike" in Australia was based. Could you imagine what it would have been like seeing the film shoot in 1997? I know Colin & Andrew Leavold may have witnessed a bit of Jackie Chan's back of the head of kind of story.

Then I prompted right over to the Gallery of Modern Art (GOMA) where I interviewed one of the curators of the APT5 event that headlined featured Jackie Chan as a part of the selection of works.

The day continued also with the dramatic lost of my iphone (home to those valuable Jackie Chan contacts) that otherwised would have made my trip a living hell. Of course, both my mum and dad found out about it as the library lady dialled "mum" and dobbed me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment