Day 4 - Quest for Jackie Chan in Brisbane - Last Day

Today was the last day of my Brisbane Q4JC trip and it began with the farewell of my cousin and the wonderful hospitality they provided on my journey.

I then made my way to the Brisbane Multicultural Arts Centre (BEMAC) to run my newly designed workshop “Ideas to Realities” with 6 local participants for the next 3 hours. I was intrigued to see the light bulbs of this small intimate group begin to brighten up as start reclaiming their sense of direction and capacities in life.

Even though it was an early Saturday morning, these 6 step outside their comfort zones to develop their ways of thinking as a part of the workshop. Shout out to Daniel Crosland, Colin Fong, Connie Mc Laran, Amy Wang, Wei Jian Kong and Gladys Miles whoa rea all on the road to be potentially amongst Australia’s creative producers.

Next stop was a quick lunch at the Fish Bar down the road in Kangaroo Point, before stopping over to the different locations to grab the cut aways of the bright and sunny Brisbane CBD.

By 2.30pm, myself and Colin headed to Spring Hill to meet up with Raamon Varcarro and his Urban Action mob for a quick fight choreography experimental session. These guys were fun to hang with and I got the chance to muck around with my action camera grip and develop my cinematography skills.
We wrapped up by 4.30pm and I suddenly discovered that I lost my car hire keys! I never felt so screwed up in my life and the “Quest” was definitely in the midst of being compromised. Fortunately for me, I had Mr calm, cool and collected Raamon (also “Jerds”) who took the reins and problem solved the situation.

RACQ came by at 6.30pm (my flight was at 8.30pm) and got me out of the dilemma.
But my problems didn’t end there. I found out along the way that my GPS road maps were outdated and kept sending me off track and so I spent the next 40 minutes lost in trying to locate Brisbane Airport.

At the same time, I was busting to go to the loo; I began doubting whether or not I’ll make it to my next destination.

I eventually got there at 8pm (close call) and quickly returned the car hire and off I went from Brisbane to Darwin (3 hours).

No comments:

Post a Comment