Day 5 - Quest for Jackie Chan in Darwin

Now here’s another issue I faced. I hadn’t prepared accommodation and had the idea of sleeping in the car for the next two days in Darwin. The thought of this came with slight excitement as well as anxiety as of all the stories of car muggings that frequently occurred in this city.

Here’s the magic of the story. At the same time, a major Jackie Chan fan travelling back to NT overheard my conversational rants to my sister over the phone about (1) no accommodation (2) lack of at least one JC fan in Darwin.

He turned around and said “I’m a Jackie Chan fan...”

The rest is history. We found out we had a lot in common. Ben Little, was a comedian, voice over artist, scriptwriter and works for Channel 9 volunteered his place to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment