PEOPLE: Professor Salem Assli and Bruce Lee

Maria Tran, Elizabeth Yang, Bey Logan, Salem Assli & partner
Date| 9th of Jan, 2011 Time| 7.30pm Place| Kiyotaki Japanese Resturant, 13 Gough Street, Central.

Thanks to Bey Logan and his lovely partner Elizabeth Yang for taking me out to dinner with Salem Assli and his partner. Mr Logan is also so connected in the industry and one of his greatness is that he will connect at all levels, from eager beaver newbies like me to actors, filmmakers, martial arts etc...I think if Bey ever starred in a movie it should be called "The Connector" and he's so good at pitching people moreso then themselves.

Anyhow, back to the dinner with Salem Assli.

So a little bit about Sifu Salem Assli. Now, if you know much about Bruce Lee, his legacy was left down to 3 certified Bruce Lee instructors: Taky Kimura, James Yimm Lee and Dan Inosanto.

Salem is a student of Dan Inosanto, and he was in Hong Kong this time round to do a seminar on Bruce Lee's martial art of Jeet Kune Do (styled by straight forward and direct movements) in Hong Kong.

Again, like most of my trip, I was fascinated to be sitting with someone connected to the great Bruce Lee, whom is iconic to martial arts cinema.

Bey and Salem discussed all sort of things from Bruce Lee's 70th Anniversary Birthday that was commemorated all over the world, Bruce, Be My Brother (2010) and The Bruce Lee Estate as amongst the few.

Again, I always keep my eyes and ears open during these types of meets, because as a youngie like me, you learn so much and I guess when you get closer to any inspirational source (like Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan), innately you become more aware of your sense of directions and that you want to become your own agent of change.

No comments:

Post a Comment