WEEKEND: 18 months since my last haircut


If anybody knows me, they would know that I'm all "dag" with a bold caplock. But this weekend I ventured 30 mins down south to Campbelltown to finally come face-to-face with those snippers. My buddy and "beauty mentor Sophea Moeln treated me to a good relaxing hair wash and treatment, cut and loosely curled on the house. Sophea can probably vouch for my "tomboyness" but I guess there's some commonalities this this foxy lady as she, herself, admit to being one in her earlier years.
I look up to her, she's down to earth yet daring and she is bloody hard working. From being a bikini model to now a full time business owner of "Design for Pleasure" she's definitely boldly independent, even with two very young kids of her own.

Let's recap the week. Its been hectic. Lots of work demands (juggling two jobs - coordination and school teaching) as well as keeping up with the connections all over Australia and some fantastic
film projects that are in the pipeline.

I had some deep and meaningful moments with some of film colleagues who were upfront, "Maria Tran! Start finishing the Quest for Jackie Chan!". Yes...I've procrastinated, knowing at the back of my head that the clock is ticking and that this project's bold, daring and adventurous nature will make it a hit. But of course, that all depends on me. I've been trying to get over some confidence issues lately.

There are times that I'm just overthinking the whole thing and just don't feel quite there to make it happen. Deep down, I'm afraid of failure and seeing that it will be my first feature film that I direct/write/ produce, it makes
me feel like I just want to crawl into a hole and die.

A good chat with Adrian Castro provided me with that wake up call. We ended Friday night with watching some more old school Jackie Chan snippets on you tube and it made me feel better that what I'm embarking on is actually quite unique. We brainstormed on some of the old school scenes and how the "Quest" can recreate some of it to pay homage to Jackie.

So in the next 7 days, I'm going to nut out the whole movie on paper. I have to do it once and for all. No fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment