WORK: Back at Information and Cultural Exchange (ICE)


After my 6 months of travels, I've settled back at my comfy workplace at Information & Cultural Exchange (ICE) as the Urban Cultures Program Coordinator. Until June, I'll be working on one of Australia's exciting projects and hosting two international artists.

If it wasn't for ICE, I don't think I would have sustained pursuing film, arts, and media. I'd probably be stuck in doing
something I didn't want or trying my hardest to make use of my psychology degree. I started out as a participant about 5 years ago in their film introductory workshops called
"Active Flix". This was run by Fatima Mawas and Fadia Abboud. Fatima since have left to pursue further studies in film school and Fadia is regularly contracted to work at this same organisation.

Anyhow, check out the new arts space that ICE lives out of. I simply love it! It so stimulates me to be creative and innovative.

Quest for Jackie Chan? Still working on it. My colleagues at ICE have been very supportive of my project from its inception in early 2010 and still continuing. Especially when I'm surrounded my filmmakers, media artists, marketing people etc... who are seriously always buzzing with innovation and edgy projects themselves.

To them, Quest for Jackie Chan! is more than any little gimmick, it may be another breakthrough project that cuts across the borders. This is particularly relevant, if Australia itself wants to break ground and connect across Asia (whether its films, arts, business, politics etc...). But I have to admit, the more the project and buzz develops, the harder it is to find sleep!

Every night I'm on the phone talking and discussing projects with a host of the connections (Lots from Melbourne and Darwin) that I've developed throughout the "Quest" in Australia. People and groups are wanting to plug into my head to figure out what the whole general direction is.

That's the beauty of this unfinished project. It is creating what I call "critical mass" of energy thinking about one thing "action film genre", hence, I'm able to share information and as well as learn about other people's projects and how to "cross wires".

Random Play at work: So cool! they have chairs made of cardboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment